I want to be able to confidently call myself a social entrepreneur, and even more than that, a World Changer. Both of these titles are terrifying to me. They sound so big. And yet, both of them intrigue me greatly and are exactly what I want to be. They are not titles that someone else is forcing upon me. They are not something I feel that I should be. But they are instead something that I want to be. The day that I can say I am a social entrepreneur or a world changer and truly mean it, then I am the confident person I have always wanted to be. And that in itself, would change my world.

Sunday 23 January 2011

Insight into the mind of a crazy person...I mean Social Entrepreneur

"Well, it's done. This is the best day ever!" These were my thoughts for the first 24 hours after I'd handed in my notice at my stable, full time job. I WILL be a social entrepreneur.

What is it like to have made this leap? Well, here's a little look inside my thought process:

"Woo! Finally my dream achieved!
What was my dream again?
Yeah for leaving a job that I was getting bored of!
Oh, you've decided to make a much cooler job for the next person. Thanks.
I was born to do this.
How the hell am I going to work for MYSELF!?
Woo!
F*ck!
I'm so going to love working for myself.... I can sleep in.
HA! You will be so busy that sleep won't be an option!
I am so glad I have a group of people to work with that are on the same page.
Are they really on the same page?? What page?!
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
Weeeee!
OMG I'm an idiot, I can't do this.
Just keep swimming....
This is going to be the best project ever....
Is it?"

And that's just in the first 10 minutes of my day....

So does being a social entrepreneur mean that you are a super confident person who knows exactly what they want? So far, I am thinking not. But they might be good actors :)



No comments:

Post a Comment